Megara Entertainment : Official Discussion Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thanks for this amazing game!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ebolav

Thanks for this amazing game! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for this amazing game!   Thanks for this amazing game! EmptyTue 12 Jun - 14:23

I played gamebook adventures 1-7 thought they were great. Then I stumbled upon this app, and it makes those look like amateur hour. Amazing art, fun quests, great exploration, etc. Can't get enough! Great work by everyone! I went out and bought lich lord, can't wait to start it.

What's next?
Back to top Go down
Ebolav

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for this amazing game!   Thanks for this amazing game! EmptyWed 13 Jun - 0:15

Okay, now I realize this is part of a bigger series that isn't done yet, but I seem to have 'done' everything, maybe?

1. I see other people's posts have 'beloved of three fortunes' title, etc-how do you do quests for churches? Most of them just have basic options
2. Quest to find murdered of spirit in forest-suggests studying at molhern, i've done that many times, nothing happens
3. Where is the wereboar in the forest? I either have never met him somehow, or killed him and forgot, and my journal isn't updated
4. How do you find the tower of despair?
5. No way to sail off the coastline I take it?
6. Do luck boosting items stack? (i.e. horseshoe, rabbits foot, AND part of 3 fortunes church, or would it just take the church bonus?)

Lots of items I can't discern what to do with:
deck of marked cards
manbeast helmet
courtier mask
fretwork key
parrot
bottle cheateau magara
silver medallion
verdigris key-doesn't allow me to step into the other 2 portals?
Back to top Go down
Sir Knight

Sir Knight

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for this amazing game!   Thanks for this amazing game! EmptyWed 13 Jun - 16:59

Hello! Glad you liked it!

We'll have to wait for expert advice on some of those points, but here are a few replies:

1. "Quests for churches" is similar to "quests for the merchant's guild" and so on: the trigger conditions could be anywhere and could be anything. In this case, it's not even a quest! You get it at random from the "Sacred Games" at the temple in Goldfall.
2. It's not studying: you must ask the abbot.
3. - 4. (Can't help.)
5. Correct. We'd need to have book 3 for that.
6. You get the highest boost value within any ability, just like with weapons. They do not stack.

And I also can't help with the items. But the Verdigris Key thing might be a bug; I'm also unsure about that, since I think they changed the code between the book and videogame versions.

Thanks for coming by!
Back to top Go down
Ebolav

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for this amazing game!   Thanks for this amazing game! EmptyThu 14 Jun - 0:40

Sir Knight wrote:
Hello! Glad you liked it!

We'll have to wait for expert advice on some of those points, but here are a few replies:

1. "Quests for churches" is similar to "quests for the merchant's guild" and so on: the trigger conditions could be anywhere and could be anything. In this case, it's not even a quest! You get it at random from the "Sacred Games" at the temple in Goldfall.
2. It's not studying: you must ask the abbot.
3. - 4. (Can't help.)
5. Correct. We'd need to have book 3 for that.
6. You get the highest boost value within any ability, just like with weapons. They do not stack.

And I also can't help with the items. But the Verdigris Key thing might be a bug; I'm also unsure about that, since I think they changed the code between the book and videogame versions.

Thanks for coming by!

Thanks for the help!!
2-I know I've talked to the abbott before, maybe I misread what he said or something...

The verdigris key-two of the three portal descriptions alluded to locations that I don't think exist yet (i.e. vol 3 and beyond)...

So that just leaves the wereboar (bug?), and the elusive tower of despair...

Time to play lich lord tonight, but you've made me a fan of all your stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sir Knight

Sir Knight

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for this amazing game!   Thanks for this amazing game! EmptySat 30 Jun - 4:14

Ebolav wrote:
Thanks for the help!!
2-I know I've talked to the abbott before, maybe I misread what he said or something...

The verdigris key-two of the three portal descriptions alluded to locations that I don't think exist yet (i.e. vol 3 and beyond)...

So that just leaves the wereboar (bug?), and the elusive tower of despair...

Time to play lich lord tonight, but you've made me a fan of all your stuff!
Whew, I don't have my iPad in front of me, but here are some answers just in case you're still around to read this.

I'm quite sure that I playtested the spirit/abbot/next step sequence and it does work. Because there are multiple steps, though, it's possible that your quest log does not update once you've talked to the abbot. You probably have to remember for yourself what he says.

As to the key . . . yes, of course, I should have remembered that other books are involved. So that's a mystery solved.

Next, I researched the other questions in the original books, because they are a bit difficult to find via random numbers in the videogame. The wereboar is a sneaky random encounter. As the priestess should tell you when you first get the quest, it can be found in the Forest of the Forsaken.

And the Tower of Despair is even sneakier. Pretty darn sneaky for an inanimate object, if you ask me. In fact, you can find it and not realize that you have done so, because the book spends so much effort deceiving you! Again, the truth can be found in the Forest of the Forsaken, particularly if you find Knocklar and ask him about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for this amazing game!   Thanks for this amazing game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks for this amazing game!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Megara Entertainment : Official Discussion Boards :: Other English products :: [Released] Fabled Lands II app (iPhone, iPad)-
Jump to: