Megara Entertainment : Official Discussion Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Boats and help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
byron79957

Question about Boats and help Empty
PostSubject: Question about Boats and help   Question about Boats and help EmptySun 31 Jul - 15:43

Hello everyone,

I just found out that the Fabled Lands books, which I *loved* as a teenager, have not only been re-released, but made into an app! I'm totally stoked, thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into doing this.

I had two questions:

Firstly, a quibble. I seem to remember that in the books (which I've re-ordered from Amazon, in the hope that one day Dave and Jamie will release all twelve planned volumes), when you lost a boat at sea, it was gone for good; and that, if you docked in Marlock City, you'd have to go BACK to Marlock City to pick it up. But in the apps, it seems that your crew sail to whichever city you happen to be in. I wondered if that was a decision that people made when making the app to make things simpler? It's not a big deal--but it does seem to make sailing much less risky.

Secondly--is there any way that a dedicated fan of the series can help with the programming or playtesting of future expansions?

Best,

Byron
Back to top Go down
Sir Knight

Sir Knight

PostSubject: Re: Question about Boats and help   Question about Boats and help EmptyMon 1 Aug - 4:00

Hello, there. Glad to see an old fan! Yes, we've been very excited about recent developments with this story world.

I don't know about the design decisions that went into boats-as-they-are-now, so we'll have to see if we can get somebody else to comment on them. Then there are the topics of programming and playtesting: I can probably say that programming is a no-go, because the core people are pretty self-sufficient. Again, I'm not one of them, so they'd have to comment. As to playtesting, that's what you're doing right now! Be sure to post if you encounter big problems with the games.

Also, well, you could post if you just love the experience straight through without problems. We'd appreciate that, too.
Back to top Go down
Sir Knight

Sir Knight

PostSubject: Re: Question about Boats and help   Question about Boats and help EmptyTue 2 Aug - 4:32

byron79957 wrote:
I seem to remember that in the books . . . , when you lost a boat at sea, it was gone for good;
Hang on, I just went back and confirmed that you certainly lose boats at sea. Sail with a Barque and have all kinds of fun!
Back to top Go down
Ninievre
Admin
Ninievre

PostSubject: Re: Question about Boats and help   Question about Boats and help EmptySun 7 Aug - 14:48

Also Richard and Byron, we are interested in help from other coders but the prerequisite is to have experience working with Objective C, Apple's coding language.
Back to top Go down
http://megara-entertainment.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Boats and help   Question about Boats and help Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Boats and help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Megara Entertainment : Official Discussion Boards :: Other English products :: [Released] Fabled Lands II app (iPhone, iPad)-
Jump to: